Certificate in Community Storytelling Online Intensive
Nov 14, 2023 - Nov 17, 2023| $600
2023 Certificate in Community Storytelling Online Intensive
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 14th – FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 17th, 2023
Personal storytelling is one of the most intimate forms of communication. Telling our story in community has the potential to bridge divides, cultivate trust, and inspire action by inviting those gathered to better understand what others have lived, suffered, and overcome. In this three-and-a-half day immersive workshop, The Hearth will teach you how to utilize the transformational power of stories within your organization or community. This stand-alone intensive draws from the content of our six-month Certificate in Community Storytelling program. In a short-form collaborative learning environment, you will:
- Understand how stories function in our personal and public lives.
- Explore narrative practices that promote individual growth, social awareness, and community action.
- Learn how to craft personal stories for speaking, teaching, and facilitation.
- Discover methods for amplifying the voice of marginalized populations.
- Learn how to apply storytelling techniques within personal, professional, and community settings.
- Increase skills for coaching groups and individuals in personal storytelling.
Intensive Dates and Schedule
Tuesday, November 14th – Friday, November 17th, 2023
- Tuesday, November 14th: 1pm-3:30pm PST
- Wednesday – Friday: 9am-5pm PST (Lunch from 12-2pm)
Get $75 off tuition when you register before August 31st!
- Early Bird Tuition Special: $600
- Regular Tuition Cost: $650
- Non-refundable deposit: $250
Registered participants will receive a ZOOM link and login instructions on the evening prior to the event. Please check your spam folder if you do not receive a link by 8 a.m. on the event day.
How To Register:
Register by 5:00 pm (PST) Friday, November 10th – click on the REGISTER button and pay online using PayPal or a debit/credit card.
What if I am unable to pay by credit card?
- Click register to complete the online registration form, and select PAY BY CHECK on the payment screen.
- Print out a registration form or request a form via email, and mail the completed form with your payment by check.
** Your registration is not confirmed until payment has been received and processed. **
Where do I send my payment?
You may send registration forms and payment to:
P.O. Box 441
Ashland, OR 97520
Payment, registration, and cancellation policies – please review before you register
BIPOC Scholarship Information:
The Hearth has created a funding initiative to address racial disparities and work towards a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive society. Community builders who identify as Black, Indigenous, Latinx, or People of Color will now be eligible for partial or full tuition scholarships to attend any Hearth online training or certification program.
Contact Operations Director Susannah Cole at email@example.com for more information or simply indicate your interest for the scholarship in the comment box when you register for a Hearth training.
Sign up for our newsletter to be the first to know about upcoming Hearth events!