- This event has passed.
The Certificate in Community Storytelling: 2020
Apr 19, 2020 - Apr 24, 2020| $1,495
THE 2020 PROGRAM IS CURRENTLY IN PROGRESS AND CLOSED TO NEW REGISTRATIONS. FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT UPCOMING PROGRAMS, PLEASE EMAIL CERTIFICATE@THEHEARTHCOMMUNITY.COM
Learn and apply the transformational power of stories in your life! The Hearth is offering a week-long intensive Certificate in Community Storytelling to assist you in developing a toolkit of applied storytelling skills, techniques, and processes to foster compassion, build community and move people to action.
Because of the stay-at-home / shelter-in-place measures that have been enacted to help us prevent the spread of COVID-19, the initial intensive will take place online, using a Zoom platform during April 19-24. Online sessions will involve lecture, small group sharing, and group discussion. Sessions will be two to two and a half hours each, held once on Sunday (April 19) and twice a day for the rest of the week. Additionally, included in the program:
- There will be advance work to prepare for the training intensive: suggested reading lists, simple exercises, and video links will be provided.
- During the intensive, participants will be given supplemental reading and video links to support the online work, with approximately 1-2 hours of additional reading/viewing each day.
- A Google group will be established to share documents and for offline conversation.
- All participants will receive 6 months of online group teaching (90 minute gatherings once a month)
- All participants will receive 6 months of personal story coaching (one personal phone call/zoom meeting a month)
- Once sequestering has ended, participants will be invited to attend a three-day training in Ashland to share their projects, meet the peers in their cohort, receive constructive feedback and learn additional content.
We have given this a great deal of thought and believe we can deliver a substantive and even potentially transformative training, in spite of – in fact, making the best of – the challenges we are all currently facing. Registration remains open until April 5th.
Whether you do this course for personal or professional reasons, it will give you hope for humanity.–Khaliqa Baqi 2019 participant
How To Register:
Click the REGISTER button above, and use your credit or debit card in a secure transaction via PayPal. You will receive an email confirmation of your registration and payment.
Sign up today!
- $1,495 (includes intensive, coaching/consultation, and final 3 day gathering
Payment may be made in full at the time of registration, or payment may be split into two parts with a $250 non-refundable deposit at the time of registration and balance payable by April 5th.