Certificate in Community Storytelling
Payment, Registration, and Cancellation Policies
Payment and Registration
The regular price for the 7-month certification program is $1,495. However, fees for the 2019 training program are discounted to $995 for up to 50 participants.
Payment may be made in full at the time of registration, or payment may be split into two parts with a $250 non-refundable deposit at time of registration and $745 balance payable no later than February 15, 2019.
How do I register?
Complete the registration link on The Hearth website, www.thehearthcommunity.com, and use your credit or debit card in a secure transaction via PayPal. You will receive an email confirmation of your registration and payment.
What if I am unable to pay by credit card?
- You may complete the online registration form, and select PAY BY CHECK on the payment screen, and mail your payment by check; or
- Print out a registration form or request a form via email, and mail the completed form with your payment by check.
** Please note that your registration is not confirmed until payment has been received and processed. **
Where do I send my payment?
You may send registration forms and payment to:
400 Morton Street
Ashland, OR 97520
What does my registration fee pay for?
Your registration fee pays for two three-day sessions of storytelling training in Ashland (one in March 2019 and one in October 2019) and six monthly online gatherings for teaching/troubleshooting with Mark Yaconelli during the interim practice period of April through September to be delivered via telephone and/or videoconferencing. Light morning refreshments and lunch at each day of the training are included in your registration fee. Lodging is not included.
What if I need to cancel?
- Deposits are non-refundable. Registrations canceled more than 30 days before the initial training event are eligible to apply fees paid toward a future session of the certification program.
- Registrations canceled less than 30 calendar days before the event are no longer eligible to apply their deposit toward a future event and the deposit will be forfeited.
- If a registrant is unable to attend an event for any reason they may substitute, by prior arrangement and at no additional charge, someone else to attend in their place.
- Notification of cancellation or substitution must be received by The Hearth in writing (email or written letter) no later than 30 (thirty) calendar days before the initial workshop begins.
- No changes or substitutions will be permitted once the program has begun.
The policy as stated on this page is valid from September 2018.